Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, Entry 3

My story leaves off and im waiting for the tractor to come. We are hanging out and waiting. Then it comes and we start loading sandbags into the tractor. It gets loaded and we all run back through the forest. Through the creek. Over the railroad tracks. And back on the road. The trucks already left so we all ran around town. We pretty much scattered and I ended up only being with 4 people out of the about 20 I came with. I now need to remind you that my shoes and socks are in the truck that left so I ran all the way across town barefoot. It was really hard to run that far and my feet were killing me. I got to this area were it was prolly a few inches deep and there was this girl taking pictures of us that was on dryer land. We walked over there and they asked for our names and we talked to them for a while. We finally left them and went back to the school. We all went back home because the water had receeded and we were no longer needed. So now I went home and then my sister got a call that all football and volleyball players can come in and help clean out the classrooms that were flooded. By the way, I was not in the paper with my picture. But remember me saying I talked to them for a while. Well they quoted me. I told them that "It was the best 2nd day of school ever." That I was proud of. In my next blog entry I will explain the damage and what we did at the school.

1 comment:

  1. :) Good to see you kept up with the story. Sounds like the second day of school will be unforgettable to quite a few people.

    ReplyDelete